In my world, there are people who know PHP, and then there are those who have some criticism to make about PHP.
If you believe you really know PHP inside and out, and you’re looking for a job working with PHP, respond with the answers to the following questions…
- What is the difference between Zend, PHP, HipHop, and HHVM?
- What is the difference between a Pval and a Zval?
- Does PHP have built in stack bashing protection?
- Are PHP’s recursion limits system-dependent?
- Are PHP functions first class citizens?
- Are PHP strings implemented as a ordered byte arrays and why or why not?
- Are PHP arrays and PHP objects both implemented as ordered hashmaps and why or why not?
- Is PHP’s compiler capable of performing static code analysis (why or why not)?
- Does PHP support a concurrency model (if so, explain how)?
- Is it possible to embed PHP in another program (if so, explain how)?
- Is it possible to extend PHP (if so, explain how)?
- Is it possible to extend PHP’s runtime engine (if so, explain how)?
- Explain how PHP 5.5 can allow you to program using an asynchronous model?
Be bold with your answers!